|Brigantine Irving Johnson-Photo courtesy of Los Angeles Maritime Institute
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the Pacific Maritime Institute and Pacific Maritime Ministries, We may be a new Ministry / Educational Resource to you but we have been serving the Christian community since 1998. We offer Character Building Voyages for Personal and Spiritual Exploration.
A traditional sailing vessel is an amazing tool for helping young people stretch their horizons, challenge their view of themselves, their abilities, their hopes and vision for their lives. It is all about exploring life: trying new things, learning new things and applying old things in new ways. In this new world aboard ship, where even the familiar things are not, young people become open to new challenges and explore new ways of relating to themselves, to others, and to God. We encourage trainees in our program to grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
This is not just a boat ride!
If you have any questions about what we do or how we can be of service to you please do not hesitate to give us a call at (714) 813-7707. If we don’t answer right away we might be sailing, so please leave your number and other vital information and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can, (usually by the next day).
Some important information about our program.
· We are a non-denominational Christian Ministry; Mark Klopfenstein, our president, is a Friends (Quaker) Missionary Minister.
· We charter only US Coast Guard certified vessels from an organization that has been in the Sail Training business for over 10 years.
· We tailor the content of the program to meet the needs of your group.
· Boats come with licensed captains and a crew trained to work with young people
· We offer Day Sails as well as overnight voyages up to 5 days.
· Our minimum group size on the tall ships is 12; the max group size is 35 for day sails, and 30 on overnight voyages. (This is total group size including adult sponsors) Ask us concerning larger groups.
· We offer programs for groups of 6 or less aboard our long boat.
· Costs - $45.00 per participant for day sails (bring a sack lunch & beverage), and $85.00 per night, per person, for voyages. (your group provides the food – we’ll help you with menus & amounts.) Scholarships are available.
All Voyages depart and Return to San Pedro, California (Los Angeles Harbor).
Vessels are available on a first come first served basis so if your group is ready for a voyage of personal and spiritual exploration contact us right away to reserve your dates.